What are Bible parables and how do we discern the truth from
them? How do we gain God's wisdom from Bible parables?
In 2 Samuel (12:1-24) David is told a parable about a rich man
who steals a poor man's Lamb.... At first David sees this on a
cardinal level and is outraged..... then he is told that he is
that man.... David humbles himself and repents. David has rightly
discerned the true meaning of this parable by, having his eyes
open, his ears open and by being humble and repentant.
In Luke (8:10), Mark (4:11-12) and Matt (13:11-16) Jesus tells us the
answer to why He talked in Parables.
10) And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11) He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12) For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13) Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14) And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15) For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16) But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
They were told in Isaiah (6:9-10) they need to see with their
eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their heart, repent
and be forgiven. God didn't shut people's ears, eyes and hearts to
His truth, people shut their own ears, eyes and hearts to
God's truth. If people open their ears, eyes and heart to our Father's truth, then humbly repent our Father will forgive
them and they shall be blessed and live.
God's truth is timeless, He paints us a picture with words that we can only see when we go to Him in prayer with a humbled heart and listen to His still small voice with open ears , we can only then discern His wisdom and receive
Psalms (25:9) The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
See with your eyes, hear with your ears, humble your heart and learn the timeless wisdom of His still small voice as we learn the truth in His Word given to us in Bible Parables.